When you’re young, you may not understand the importance of regular checkups. As you get older and face health challenges, though, you may regret having taken a laissez faire attitude towards your health. While the idea of having a physical checkup by a doctor each year may seem excessive, having regular medical checkups can keep you healthy by catching problems early and preventing them from becoming major issues. What’s more, for your doctor, a general checkup is a great time to give you advice about your health. What makes these doctor visits so beneficial?
- Staying up to date with your checkups means staying on top of your health. For many diseases, early detection is a major factor in successful treatment. When you have an annual checkup, the doctor will be able to notice changes more easily than if you only visit the office when you’re sick. If you are in the early stages of an ailment, you may be able to stop it before it progresses.
- Yearly checkups mean you’re more likely to be properly diagnosed. Many illnesses have similar symptoms, and if your doctor is not familiar with your medical history, you may be incorrectly diagnosed.
- If a chronic illness is diagnosed by your doctor, a checkup or physical each year can track your treatment. This is important because understanding how your body is responding to treatment can help your doctor make good decisions about your ongoing care, whether that means staying the course or finding an alternate treatment option.
- Your overall health can be improved through routine checkups. Even if you don’t have a chronic illness, an annual physical may uncover some slight problem that needs to be addressed. Catching things like high cholesterol or borderline glucose levels in time to correct them with lifestyle changes can make a big difference in your health.
- Regular checkups will save you money in the long run. Serious illnesses are expensive, and so are trips to the emergency room. By keeping up with your health through regular checkups, you’ll save on medical bills.
To stay current with regular checkups, you need healthcare you can trust that’s within easy reach. That’s why the goal of Total Point Urgent Care is to be a convenient healthcare resource for people in our community. Providing immediate medical care at a fraction of the cost of an emergency room, our neighborhood clinics offer warm, efficient, personalized care. At our locations in Texas and Arizona, our on-site technology and services include not only urgent care, but also primary care, specialty care, routine checkups, COVID-19 testing, and onsite lab and x rays. Soon, we’ll even offer virtual visits so that our patients can choose telecare instead of risking a trip to the clinic. For convenient medical care, visit one of our locations or contact us through our website.